Alkym is an industry-leading Maintenance Software, specifically designed to enhance an organization’s operational & financial performance. Originally developed for Aerospace & Defense, the M&E/MRO Software has been refined to also cover Asset Management for multi-industries.
It’s tougher than ever to perform MRO operations efficiently and effectively. From the outside, material costs are rising. From inside, siloed processes, disparate systems, and data overload make it hard to coordinate the whole MRO process, from scheduling and forecasting to inventory management and replenishment. However, some companies have managed to achieve a competitive advantage by implementing an integrated maintenance management solution. As verified by Seabury those companies have seen a decrease of between 8 and 15% of the total cost of maintenance. They also benefit from sustained competitive advantage through continuous improvement processes associated which such technology. This statement sheet is written to provide information indicating the return on investment achievable by implementing Alkym® - Management and Control System for Aircraft Maintenance as a key strategic tool within an MRO organization. Key to this ROI calculation is acceptance the aviation industry recognizes that by using an integrated system to control and manage your aircraft maintenance and technical operations you can achieve savings of between 8 and 15% of the total cost of maintenance.
Worth noting is that we have used a figure of 5% over the first five years to err on the side of caution and not over-promise on the return on investment.
It is possible to outline key items or areas the operation you will obtain significant savings or increase efficiency. In the following section those items are outlined in more detail.
Materials and Logistics:
- Reduced stock stagnation (Rotable and Consumable) through stock optimization
- Minimum / Maximum Stock control (by location)
- Lower shipping cost through AOG reduction
- Warranty control and management – ensures parts covered are controlled
- Repair cost reduction through the efficient administration
- Work Shop Warranty
- Complete process life cycle control
- No Fault Found decrease with troubleshooting and reliability tools
- Repair cost assignment and report linking
- Material usage optimization through the use of equivalent and/or alternative P/N.
- Reduction in penalties through return of the core warnings and alerts
- Reduction in “lost” parts through integrated tracking from maintenance to logistics through to supplier
- Shelf life expiration waste reduced – FIFO
- Breakdown analysis for total cost of acquisition for each component
- TAT statistics for repairs used to plan future event accurately
- Tool calibration Control ensures correct tools available serviceable when needed
- Components have MEL “Go / No Go” classification
- High value assembly rental / exchange cost (i.e. Engine / APU) reduction with correct forecasting
- Efficiency increase on the maintenance program application
- Administration optimization of the maintenance programs (design, creation, revision and updates)
- Production control increase on major maintenance and line maintenance.
- Return times reduction to components service (TAT) in major maintenance and line maintenance works.
- Time and place availability of the different resources needed (material, tools, technicians, etc.)
- Human resources use optimization.
- Manpower and man hours reduction on projects completed.
- Overtime payment reduction by a better planning of the resources.
- Planning optimization of major maintenance and line maintenance.
- Turn Around Times (TAT) reduction on both major maintenance and line maintenanceservices
- TAT optimization with its corresponding cost and hangar charges reduction
- Slot Management tools to ensure availability both company and third parties aircraft (as required)
- Labouroptimisation tools ensure correct resources use
- Reduction of TAT in Heavy and Line Checks
- Reduction in Non Scheduled events
- Reduction of AOG situations
- Improvement in the components and systems Reliability
- MEL deferred Items Control
- Increase the dispatch Reliability
Through the accurate recording of fluid consumption in the logbook which may be entered in Alkym the ability to obtain statistics outlined:
- Fuel Consumption Analysis in any format by
- fleet - aircraft type, by aircraft model or aircraft registration
- time - monthly, weekly, daily, etc.
- Flight and Block hours
- Combination of the above
- Engine / APU, Hydraulic Oil Consumption analysis
- Flight Crew tracking (Note: Alkym is not an operations control system)
Regulations and Authorities:
- Centralised control of QA and Safety Management
- Audit programs management used to allocate resource and optimise plans
- Increased Regularity confidence in internal control mechanisms – feedback loops
- Statistical analysis tools used to increase Maintenance Intervals